Well, I'm absolutely terrible at updating this blog. I imagine that I will be doing better now that the girls are suddenly doing all sorts of new things. I really feel that for a few months, not much was going on. The days sort of ran together, if you ask me. They are growing up so fast though.
Christmas went really well! I was thinking it would feel more like Christmas now that we had babies in the house, and even though it was a ton of fun with them...it really didn't feel any different yet. I'm hoping that happens as they get older and become more excited about it. With that being said, we didn't spend much on presents this year. The girls got some books from the dollar section at Target, a "Laugh and Learn" talking Tea set, and they each got a Laugh and Learn talking purse. I guess it was smart to save money this year. The girls went to see Santa at Bass Pro Shops way back in November during the week of Thanksgiving. Smart move on our part. We walked right up to him. The girls loved him and were able to take their time sitting with him. Alayna was very interested in the fur on his sleeves. Santa told me that the girls said they wanted some vanilla wafers and lots of love for Christmas this year. Haha. Too bad it won't be that easy in the future.
In the weeks leading up to Christmas, the girls and I spent a LOT of time listening to Christmas music while we played every day. They also loved this singing reindeer on a rocking horse that my friend Lindsey bought me a few years ago.
On the 20th, we celebrated Christmas with my mom n dad. WOW did the kids get a lot of stuff! It was so much fun! Sooo many clothes! Teddy bears that Grandma and Pa-Pa made for them at Build-a-bear, little doll strollers that help the girls learn to walk, all kinds of stuff! Uncle Eric, Aunt Danielle, and Hunter got the girls a Disney Princess patio set...two chairs and an umbrella table! Later in the evening, Alayna threw up her dinner and out came a piece of tape from the presents. wooops. Any GOOD party has puke involved, right?
Jason's youngest brother Neil came in town the week before Christmas (and is staying for a little while). Justin (the middle brother) is also here now too. The girls have been having a blast with all of the extra attention. Neil hadn't seen the girls since they were 2 months old (he's been living in Mexico). Justin hadn't been here since August (still living in Baton Rouge and had been traveling a lot). The girls have changed soooo much since they'd seen them last!
Well, for Christmas Eve and Day we pretty much did what we've always done, just had two babies and a LOT of extra stuff in the car. Haha. Christmas Eve afternoon was spent with Jason's dad's side of the family at Grandpa and Grandma Goodson's house in Troy. The girls got some cute toys from them as well...including this little music box toy that Alayna is obsessed with. She laughs at it, screams at it...she gets very frustrated when it's not doing what she wants it to. Christmas Eve night we spent the evening with my mom's side of the family at Aunt Elaine's house. The girls were party animals. We brought the pack n plays for them to go to sleep. Alayna finally gave in, but Josslyn screamed and screamed. She wound up staying up the entire time. Eventually we packed up around 10pm and went home.
Christmas Day, Jason's parents came by and the girls opened the presents we bought them. Nothing too interesting happened. Alayna tried to eat some more tape. Snapped some pictures and then went to get ready to go to Jason's Aunt Lisa's house to be with his mom's side of the family. Then we ended the day/evening at my parents house to hang out with my dad's side. The girls got a bunch of presents over there from my aunts and uncles and their Great Grandma Smith. Clothes, Dolls, a play mat, some toys, blocks, a little basketball hoop game, etc. I'd like to add that Alayna officially crawled on Christmas day. And I'd say that she sat herself up on her own on Christmas Eve. As for the crawling, she could kind of scoot herself to where she wanted to go, but she actually used her knees for the first time! Josslyn had started this early in December. I'm in trouble now.
That night the girls went right to sleep and we didn't even hear from them til 9am the next morning. It was crazy. They did so unbelievably well going from house to house. Never cried. Just loved being around everyone! I'd say their first Christmas was quite the success. So much fun having babies around this year. I can't wait until next year. I am looking forward to starting some of our own traditions in the next couple years! Hope you like the pics. I will add more in a separate post.
Wow you all have a very full calendar around Christmas. Glad you, Jason, and the girls all got to enjoy it. You know I love the pictures. Thanks for updating the blog and have fun keeping up with your now mobile little girls.
ReplyDeleteThe girls are so cute!!! I love the pouting picture at the top... how precious!
ReplyDelete