This post is a few days late...the week got away from me. Last weekend was a busy one for the girls! On Friday, Jason and I took the girls up to meet all of my old work friends. It was so weird being up there again! The last day I worked was the day after Christmas. Hardly anyone was working, so I went to work in comfy clothes because I was having so many contractions. Somehow I made it thru the day, but then I wound up in the hospital that weekend. Sooo, it had been a LONG time since I'd seen everyone. I don't miss work AT ALL, but I do really miss the people and all the laughs. We had fun. Friday was also our 5 year wedding anniversary, so after that, the girls went with us to TGIFridays for an early dinner. Jason's parents got us a giftcard!
Saturday I took the girls and went with my Mom, Danielle, and Hunter over to my Great Aunt Mary and Great Uncle Andy's house. It was so much fun! Their house is so nice and Aunt Mary made a wonderful lunch for all of us! It made my week. I had been eating cheez-its and peanut butter sandwiches all week for lunch...if I even took a break for one. That morning all I had was a granola bar, so it was soooo nice to have such a great lunch! It was so much fun talking too. I love getting out of the house to do things. I hope to go over there again sometime. My Aunt reminds me so much of my Grandma--I miss her so much and wish that she could have met the girls. It's really awesome to me that Aunt Mary is getting to love on them. I'm sure Grandma is happy to see that.
Saturday evening we took a drive out to our friends Thom and Crystal's new house in Wentzville. Sadly, it was actually a drive. haha. It seems as though everyone is moving west. I'd like to some day! The girls got to meet Crystal's parents and my cousin Rachel. Man...their house is so awesome...Huge! Their closet is the size of a small bedroom. haha. If we ever move, the master bedroom closet and the pantry have to be huge. There are some lots right next to them and a story-and-a half for sale in the neighborhood that we love, but Jason works downtown and I don't think he'd want to sit in the car for hours every day. booo.
Sunday the girls went to church for the first time. Yes...they are 3 months old and hadn't been there yet. I hadn't been to church since November, when I first started having complications. Then bed rest came...so there was no sitting in church. We kept the girls at home for a while, and then when it was time to probably start going again, we couldn't seem to get a routine going where they wouldn't have needed to eat right as we needed to leave. It was just hectic. Anyway, they did well and slept during the last half.
After church, the girls went to the pool for the first time in Danielle's neighborhood. Hunter had a blast and kept running into the water. The girls basically sat on the sloped end with me and Jason for a few minutes until they started screaming for their bottles. Didn't last long. Their swim diapers were way too big and they looked really annoyed. I hope next summer will be a little more exciting. haha.
THEN...to end the weekend... Danielle, Eric, and Hunter went with us to the mall to get the girls' ears pierced. I had called a million places because I really didn't want to take them to the mall. No piercing/tatoo place would take kids under 14. I actually trusted the piercing guys over some teenager at the mall who normally just runs the register. But after weeks of no luck, I talked to my friend Jeanette who has pierced ears before, and she really trusted the people at Piercing Pagoda in the mall. At least those people actually were there for piercing, and not to stock necklaces and purses in some little accessory store. No offense to those who have gone to Claires or somewhere...that's where mine were done...but I was just nervous since they were little bitty babies!!! Well, the whole experience went well and the ladies who helped us were awesome and very knowledgeable. Josslyn didn't even cry til about 10 seconds after it happened. It was so cute though...after Josslyn went first and got her earrings in, Hunter started clapping for her. Haha. Alayna also did very well. So far so good with everything...we clean the piercings twice a day and they look great!
Well...this post got a little long...told ya we were busy! I'll close with some pics!
Alayna and Joss (click on the pic to see earrings)
Hunter...so proud of them!





I love the girl's earrings! I wished I pierced Harper's ears when she was younger. I don't think she would do very well if I pierced them now..
ReplyDelete