Thursday, July 30, 2009

Just Catching Up

**The girls borrowed Hunter’s Baby Einstein video for 3 month olds. They LOVE it. I can’t believe someone is a millionaire from those videos. The one we’re watching just consists of orchestra music in the background while it shows images of toys moving and puppets talking. Someone basically bought a bunch of wind up toys and starting video taping. I told Jason it reminded me of some wacky dream you have when you have a really high fever or overdosed on Nyquil. I think it’s great though, and will be looking for more DVDs. With our humungo TV, it’s like front row at the movies for the girls.
**The girls are doing really well with their chiropractor appointments. Josslyn hasn’t used her Pepcid in a long time. She’s no longer screaming during her feedings. I really think it’s been helping! She still spits up a lot but seems to be much happier.
**Speaking of the chiropractor, things have been going really well for me too. I’ve been feeling a lot better. I was so miserable after the girls were born…everything hurt from such crazy bed rest. And honestly, it turned out to be that I was pretty messed up even before pregnancy. I was never in any pain prior to pregnancy, but I had no idea how much better I could be feeling. I had a few curves in my spine and all kinds of things. The curves follow exactly how I usually sit—really bad posture. Then pregnancy on top of that made things horrible. The doctor just told me today that I look and act a million times better. He said that he was worried about me for the first week or so when I came in. He thought I looked borderline depressed. I honestly think I was too. It sucked. I tried to tell Jason about it, but he really just didn’t believe me since I wasn’t constantly crying or anything. He didn’t understand. I’m just so glad that some adjustments in my back seemed to have gotten things working correctly in all areas. It’s amazing what all chiropractic care can help. I am thankful I didn’t have to go on any medication—at least not yet! Haha. I still think I have some anxious days where I’m constantly aggravated or in a panic, but nothing to get too worried about.
**I’m so glad I had the girls in the spring. Having young babies in the summer has been the greatest. They can be sockless and in a onesie and it’s ok to pop them in their car seats and head out the door! No bundling up! Thank God! And it’s been awesome that Jason hasn’t been very busy this time of year while things are still a little crazy.
**The girls have been talking so much more all of a sudden. It’s so adorable to see the expressions they make while they are looking at us and cooing.
**Jason and I are trying to save up for a more professional camera. Not sure how long that will take, but our camera is acting stupid and a lot of pictures are blurry. I have always LOVED taking photos and really want to make it a serious hobby of mine. Plus I’d love to be able to take the girls’ pictures whenever I want and have them be a lot nicer looking! I really just want to become “artsy” again!!! I’ve got an urge to learn how to make things for the girls as well…maybe a dress, some bows, or some stuff they can play with. BUT, I don’t even know how to sew on a button.
**The dogs are doing well. We switched their dog food to try and save money, but it’s been giving them the worst gas I’ve ever smelled. And Nemo’s been bloated like you wouldn’t believe. I’m not sure it’s worth it. He looks miserable and the house smells like a porta potty or something.
**Jason’s been working in Kansas City now. He hasn’t had to go for very many days at a time. Really just two days…one night since he’s driving himself there. He’s sick of flying everywhere. His mom stays with me and the girls a lot. It’s been soooo helpful. Even just having extra hands for dishes and laundry is amazing!
**I’ve been so proud of the girls lately! I’ve been laying them down in bed while they’re still somewhat awake, and they go right to sleep. Alayna can sometimes go from 9pm to about 7am. And Josslyn still needs to wake up around 4 or 5 to eat a little. Sometimes they cry randomly in between those times if they need to be swaddled back up, but not too often! I just need to get right into bed when they do so I can get more sleep! I also feel like I wake up often in the night still…even if they aren’t crying. That’s no fun.
**On Friday…Jason and I have been married for FIVE YEARS! Wow! It’s weird because that seems like a long time, but then thinking back to our wedding day it seems like that was TEN years ago. Man, Jason looks a lot younger in the wedding pics!

1 comment:

  1. I ended up getting a new camera after becoming frustrated with all the blurry pictures my old camera took of Harper. I LOVE my new camera and it was the best investment ever, I don't regret spending the extra money on it. Hope you can get a new camera soon!

    ReplyDelete