Alayna, Josslyn
Josslyn...smiling and movin all over the place. Her bow kept sliding up!
Alayna all serious
Soooo... on Friday the girls had an appointment to get their pictures taken. They are growing so fast that I thought it was time to go get some pics done--nothing expensive or super professional, just a good shot of both of them. There is a place called Portrait Innovations where they have a $9.95 package that is a TON of photos. Of course they are all of the same pose, but I figured that was ok for now. I'm sure they get a little annoyed at the people who don't decide to spend $300, but please! Anyway, I realized that it IS really hard to go in there and stick with one picture...ESPECIALLY when you have two babies. One is always going to look better in one pic, and the other in another. Plus, they take some pics separately...so then the girls will decide to smile in their individual poses leaving you wanting those too. The day went well...except for a few little road blocks...
Mom stopped by my house around 1pm after getting off early. We were hanging out and then I asked her if she'd like to come to the pictures with me instead of Jason. He was going to have to get off work a little early to meet me up there. So we told Jason to stay at work if he had to and that we were just going to go. We fed the girls right before, and didn't bother bringing more formula with because we'd be home in plenty of time. Wellllll.... we walk into the picture place and there is a crap-load of people in there. I ask the guy how long before we go (even though we had a 3pm appt and it WAS 3pm already). He said they were a LITTLE backed up and that he'd let us know when to start putting the girls in their dresses. Well, we waited an hour. The girls were so happy when we got there...but soon they were getting cranky and sleepy. Then, just as it was about 2 minutes to our turn, I decided to start changing the girls. All of a sudden I realize that I didn't even pack the girls' dresses!!!! I had their little bloomers that go over their diapers and their hair bows, but that was it. Oh, and the formula-stained onesies that they came in. I looked at mom and said, "oh my GOD... uh...I can just let someone go ahead of us and I can run down the street to Target and buy some outfits?!?....or I can just take their pictures in the bloomers?" Mom said it was no big deal and we could come back next week...but after waiting, I was determined to get it done! So basically that's what ended up happening after some sympathetic photographers and moms said that they'd look cute without the dresses. I figured if anything, it would be a funny story to tell them later.
The girls did a great job. No tears at all. Alayna was a little zoned out and tired...gave us her classic concerned face quite a bit, and Josslyn really surprised us all. What a little ham this girl is turning into! People came over just to watch the girls. Josslyn was just putting on a little show for everyone. Things went well, but I knew the next feeding for the girls was coming up and we still hadn't finished picking out the pics we wanted. Note to self: bring formula even if it's supposed to be a fast trip! Fortunately, while we were supposed to wait 30 min for the photos to be printed out, the man hooked us up and got them out in about 5 minutes so we could be on our way. Needless to say, it was a scream fest on the way home.
I was so thankful that everything went well and that it wasn't a total waste of time. Mom said the pics really turned out awesome afterall. The "outfits" looked great to me too, and I didn't even question my last minute decision... that is until Mom was talking to Danielle on the phone and telling her how I forgot the dresses. I overheard her say "well....they were topless...with feathers."
Hopefully they weren't inspired to head to Vegas for their future careers.
Josslyn...smiling and movin all over the place. Her bow kept sliding up!
Alayna all serious
Soooo... on Friday the girls had an appointment to get their pictures taken. They are growing so fast that I thought it was time to go get some pics done--nothing expensive or super professional, just a good shot of both of them. There is a place called Portrait Innovations where they have a $9.95 package that is a TON of photos. Of course they are all of the same pose, but I figured that was ok for now. I'm sure they get a little annoyed at the people who don't decide to spend $300, but please! Anyway, I realized that it IS really hard to go in there and stick with one picture...ESPECIALLY when you have two babies. One is always going to look better in one pic, and the other in another. Plus, they take some pics separately...so then the girls will decide to smile in their individual poses leaving you wanting those too. The day went well...except for a few little road blocks...Mom stopped by my house around 1pm after getting off early. We were hanging out and then I asked her if she'd like to come to the pictures with me instead of Jason. He was going to have to get off work a little early to meet me up there. So we told Jason to stay at work if he had to and that we were just going to go. We fed the girls right before, and didn't bother bringing more formula with because we'd be home in plenty of time. Wellllll.... we walk into the picture place and there is a crap-load of people in there. I ask the guy how long before we go (even though we had a 3pm appt and it WAS 3pm already). He said they were a LITTLE backed up and that he'd let us know when to start putting the girls in their dresses. Well, we waited an hour. The girls were so happy when we got there...but soon they were getting cranky and sleepy. Then, just as it was about 2 minutes to our turn, I decided to start changing the girls. All of a sudden I realize that I didn't even pack the girls' dresses!!!! I had their little bloomers that go over their diapers and their hair bows, but that was it. Oh, and the formula-stained onesies that they came in. I looked at mom and said, "oh my GOD... uh...I can just let someone go ahead of us and I can run down the street to Target and buy some outfits?!?....or I can just take their pictures in the bloomers?" Mom said it was no big deal and we could come back next week...but after waiting, I was determined to get it done! So basically that's what ended up happening after some sympathetic photographers and moms said that they'd look cute without the dresses. I figured if anything, it would be a funny story to tell them later.
The girls did a great job. No tears at all. Alayna was a little zoned out and tired...gave us her classic concerned face quite a bit, and Josslyn really surprised us all. What a little ham this girl is turning into! People came over just to watch the girls. Josslyn was just putting on a little show for everyone. Things went well, but I knew the next feeding for the girls was coming up and we still hadn't finished picking out the pics we wanted. Note to self: bring formula even if it's supposed to be a fast trip! Fortunately, while we were supposed to wait 30 min for the photos to be printed out, the man hooked us up and got them out in about 5 minutes so we could be on our way. Needless to say, it was a scream fest on the way home.
I was so thankful that everything went well and that it wasn't a total waste of time. Mom said the pics really turned out awesome afterall. The "outfits" looked great to me too, and I didn't even question my last minute decision... that is until Mom was talking to Danielle on the phone and telling her how I forgot the dresses. I overheard her say "well....they were topless...with feathers."
Hopefully they weren't inspired to head to Vegas for their future careers.
I can't help but laugh at your picture experience, it is too funny! It will be a great story to tell the girls when they are older. Btw, they look adorable!
ReplyDelete