1. Josslyn rolled over on Sunday evening! Well, I'm assuming she did. I laid her in her crib on her back while I went to the bathroom... and when I came back, she was chillin' on her stomach. I walked in the room and sorta stopped, trying to think if that was how I left her. She's always been so strong. When we were at the pediatrician's office when she was 2 weeks old, she rolled to her side and actually picked up the ear piece of the doctor's little tool thing.
2. The dogs are driving me insane. I woke up this morning to find Snoopy on top of the kitchen table. And ours is one of the taller, pub style tables. Little idiot. I picked him up by the back of the neck and threw him onto the couch like he was a cat. They both have always been annoying at times, but now that I have babies, they are just bigger pains in the @$$.
3. The girls are smiling quite a bit now. It's just been really hard to get it on camera. They seem to stop right when you get the camera out.
4. Jason may have to travel out of town for at least 10 days straight pretty soon. He's never really had to be gone that long without coming home for a couple days in between. I'm freaking out. It's insanely hard when you don't get a break at some point during the day. I'm praying they cancel the trip.
5. Did I mention I can't stand the dogs?
6. I tried to take the girls to Jason's softball game last Monday. Luckily Crystal was there to help me out. It didn't go so well. I didn't see any of the game...they both wanted to eat and were horribly crabby. Then I had to try to change the biggest poopy diaper ever. Not sure why I tried.
7. Jason and I get to go to Chicago for a long weekend this weekend! My mom and dad are taking the girls to their house since she had some vacation time. Jason's parents are staying here at night with the dogs. I'm not really sure I want to go. It will be fun, but I feel bad leaving them with my mom... it's hard sometimes. She wasn't planning on having my dad help during the nights that he works the next morning...I'm scared for her. It's soooo tiring. But luckily Alayna is still sleeping pretty long. I'm not upset about leaving them...it's more that I'm worried that any sort of routine that they're on may get messed up a little. I will miss them though! I wasn't sure if it was too soon to leave them.
8. I have been finding more shows that I'm getting in to. Some nights the girls don't really let me do too much, so we sit on the couch and watch tv. Usually around 7 when they are cranky and don't want to play or anything. I LOVE the show Cake Boss on TLC. The theme cakes that Buddy can create are UNREAL! I wouldn't want to let them out the door when I was finished...it's like a work of art that took days to create..and someone is just gonna demolish it.
9. The girls had some pictures taken for free when they were 6 weeks old...same company who took the hospital pics. The original package gave us one more free session at home where we'd get 2 free 5x7s of them. The girl just came by to show us the pics and to try to sell us packages of them. They were ridiculously priced. And they weren't all that great or anything--as far as quality. One of the packages was $700. I just laughed. We opted for the free ones and sent her on her way. They turned out cute though. Each girl is sorta on her stomach leaning against a quilt, holding her baby doll.
10. Jason got hit in between the eyes with a roman candle this weekend. No, not the ball of fire that comes out...the actual roman candle stick. The guys thought it would be funny to light it and stick it into a wiffleball bat. Little did they know that when the flame had nowhere to go, it basically just shot the stick right back out of the bat. Jason was just standing behind the guy holding the bat. It came firing out of the thing, and now he has a circle-shaped cut in between his eyes. Dumb boys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel your pain about the dogs. Our dogs drive me CRAZY! It has been worse since Harper started walking. I hope your dogs become less irritating for you!
ReplyDelete