Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2 Month Check-ups

The girls went to the doctor today for their 2-month visit. Alayna weighs 10 pounds even and is in the 26th percentile. She is 21 3/4 inches long and in the 23rd percentile. Josslyn weighs 9 pounds even and is only in the 9th percentile. She is exactly the same length as her sister though. I really thought Alayna would have weighed a little more than that. She feels sooo much heavier than Josslyn...and also looks a lot bigger.

The girls got thier first round of shots today too. Well, besides the couple hepatitis B shots they already received. They also had to drink one of the vaccines...for Rotavirus. Alayna was up first. She started to get this concerned look on her face while swallowing the medicine...and then started coughing just a tiny bit. Then without warning she barfed all over herself and the nurse's hands. This was real puke...ugh. She hadn't eaten for two hours, so it was nice and oatmeal like...not just a simple spit-up. The nurse kept saying she'd never had that happen before. So needless to say, she had to drink more.

Then the funniest thing happened. A second nurse came in to help so that Alayna could get both shots together. Josslyn was passed out on the table. As soon as Alayna let out that horrible shrieking cry that takes her breath away, Josslyn's eyes shot wide open and she started bawling. Our first obvious sympathy cry! haha. So anyway...Josslyn was already crying before it was her turn. She did great though.

We came home and I fed them both...and they went into their swings around 5 or so. They were due to eat between 6:30 and 7, but Alayna JUST woke up and Josslyn is still out. I hope things go ok thru the night and they still want to sleep!

Oh and the chiropractor went well. Josslyn appears to be really out of whack in her middle back. Not surprising--that's where the stomach nerves and everything are. Alayna has some issues more towards her neck. I thought that made sense being that she was head down for soooo long. She's also not as good at holding her head up. I think I'm going to bring Alayna in every so often, but he'd like to see Josslyn quite a bit--as often as I go. It's free since I'm a patient. He just rubs their backs and massages them basically. Obviously more than what we'd know to do. Sounds like this pregnancy was hard on all three of us!

4 comments:

  1. Aww those sympathy cries are so sweet aren't they?!
    We've never had to drink anything for a vaccine...sounds gross!

    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! The first smiles are the best! Almost makes me want to have another one. Not quite yet! :)

    You made it to the 2 month mark...when the babies let their mom start setting a routine! It's a wonderful thing!

    I love your blog! I have as much time to email people as I used to, so I love that I can see how you are the girls are doing! :)

    Love,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea,

    So glad you decided to keep blogging. Im so glad to hear how things are going and that everyone is well. Bless you!

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I LOVE your new layout!!!! Sooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete