So I might have some sort of routine going...it only took a couple months. The past few days after the 8am-ish feeding, I've been making the girls play with that little activity mat. I've tried this at random times before, but they just still wanted to sleep a lot, and you never really knew when they'd be interested. This morning I fed Alayna around 8:30, put her on the mat. Picked up Josslyn to feed her...she got fussy...so we paused for her dose of pepcid for the reflux (Alayna still playing, starting to make cute noises). Back to finish Josslyn's bottle...she has an explosive poop. Leave Alayna playing...change Josslyn. Come back, Alayna is getting overstimulated and ticked off. Put Josslyn on the mat to play...change Alayna. Come back... Josslyn has some spit up chunks on her shirt (not unusual)...consider changing her shirt, decide not to...wipe her off...put Alayna in the swing. Josslyn gets crabby. Swaddle her and throw her in the other swing. And they've been napping for about 20 min now.
So in a nutshell...with a few minor interruptions... we've been getting a good playtime in and they've been putting themselves to sleep in the swings for a little mid morning nap for the past few days. Now as for the rest of the afternoon? Well... who knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I totally just left you a comment and it didn't go through. And it was a long one too! Boo!
ReplyDeleteIn a nutshell...glad you're getting a routine down! Things will be so much easier when it's not so chaotic and random.
Ok that came out wrong..not saying your house is chaotic and random. LOL. I just mean when they're too little to have a routine, it's so hectic. Things go so much smoother when they're able to get into a routine, and they'll actually really enjoy having a routine.
ReplyDeleteOk, that sounds much better. Ha!