I've decided that I'm not as motivated to write on this blog, when I don't know if people really read it. I'm assuming that some people are though. I really don't know.
Well in case you are... we are all doing really well. Jason has been traveling for work again, but fortunately it's been 3 days a week so far. Still feels like a long time when I'm doing everything on my own though. I'm EXHAUSTED by the end of the third day and I'm praying that they don't ever want to keep him out of town for a whole week anytime soon! Jason is doing well and just finished up softball for the year... now it's on to hunting if he can get the chance to leave. I hate when he goes because it's always during the time of year that he travels...so I like to see him at some point! And even more now with the girls here!
I've been good too... got a digital SLR camera for my birthday and have been practicing taking more "professional" photos. I hope to become really good at it. I've always loved taking pictures and like playing around with photoshop as well. We'll see what happens!
The girls are great. Their 6 month check up is next friday...can you believe it??? The doc will talk about starting baby food. I plan to make their baby food, so we'll need to go and pick out a food processor. It saves sooo much money and it really doesn't take much time. A lot of my friends say that they spent a Saturday a month and it took a couple hours to mash up and freeze the food. The girls have been eating a little bit of rice cereal, but they don't seem to like it so much. We were just told to practice with it so that they learn how to take food from the spoon. I don't offer it every day...the day is so busy already!!! I really am dreading feeding them baby food...just one more thing to add to the hectic schedule. I wish we could jump from bottles to feeding themselves bite sized portions of our meals. I was reading on this twin message board that I visit and found a post where a lot of moms said the same thing...it was just a pain to find more time to feed baby food. Haha. I'm sure there are a lot of little things that aren't quite as enjoyable when you have multiples...but I'm doing my best to not let the stress of it get to me. And a lot of this is really more when it's JUST me and Jason is traveling. We still have to have fun and try to do normal things. Everything is a little more difficult with 2 babies, but I don't want to hold back from trying.
The girls smile and laugh a lot now. They LOVE the dogs...esp Alayna. Josslyn cracked us up this afternoon. My friend Karen was over and was pushing the nose on the babies' elephant toy so that it would wiggle and make sounds. Each time it stopped, Joss whined at her so that she would press it again. They are doing some of the funniest things. It's great! I LOVE these girls!



I read your blog! : ) I know how you feel though, you never know if anyone is reading it.. Good luck making baby food! I made Harper's baby food and am so glad I did. With Harper, I did baby led weaning, http://www.babyledweaning.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=73.
ReplyDeleteI read your blog too! I accidently posted on a different post. Look for it...it's kinda long!
ReplyDeleteOh yay, oh yay!! I don't know how or why, but now I can actually comment!! Woohoo. I read and totally appreciate any and all updates. I am so thankful that I got to see you and the girls on my recent visit. They are just too precious. I hope that God eases your anxieties and worries about taking care of the girls while Jason travels. May God bless you with patience and clarity in caring for His precious gifts.
ReplyDeleteI'm still reading! Do you have a blog counter? Google free blog counter. That way you'll know how many people are reading your blog, even if they don't leave comments. I'm still getting over 500 hits a day, but hardly anyone comments anymore.
ReplyDeleteYes adding baby food in is a pain. But dont' worry, it doesn't last too long. By the time they're 1 they'll be eating whatever you have for supper. ;o)
I'm so sorry you're alone 3 days a week! That has to be so tough. You can do it though, you're a super mommy. :)
Davey's been out hunting about 7 or 8 times now. Kind of annoying because from 3 until the kids' bedtime he's not here to help. ah well. At least it's only a few months out of the year. Be thankful you don't live in the middle of the woods where jason can walk out the back door and go hunting. LOL.