Well, on October 20th, the girls turned 6 months old! Hard to believe! It feels like just yesterday that I was dealing with all of the early fertility drugs, and that I woke up today with 6 month old babies. Maybe that doesn't make sense...but it's so weird. Some days I almost forget that I've been thru ALL that we've been thru--and that I actually have TWO kids! Crazy!
The girls had their 6 month checkup, and all is well with them. Josslyn is in the 7th percentile for her weight...only 13 pounds 3 oz, but the doctor isn't worried about her at all. She said it's no big deal...she was early and she's a twin. Alayna truly isn't all that big either compared to other babies that age, but she just seems so much bigger to us! She is right under 15 pounds. Basically the girls are consistently staying 1.5 pounds from eachother. They both measured to be the same height, but I really think Joss is a tiny bit taller. It's hard to measure them when they want to kick and flop around on the table. This time at the doctor they were soooo vocal. It was hilarious listening to them squeal. They are really a lot of fun these past couple of months.
Both girls are really getting close to sitting up. At least when you sit them up yourself--they can't put themselves into a sitting position. They may last for 10 seconds or so. I get really confused as to when you say they actually do it...do you wait til they are consistently doing it, or just say they did it when it happened once? I never know what to write in their baby books.
Both girls LOVE LOVE LOVE the dogs. They laugh like crazy when one of them walks by. They reach out for them and try to pull their hair. Both dogs are amazing with the girls. I surely don't leave them in a room alone with them, but am very impressed with how great they are.
And also, in the past week or two the girls have REALLY started to get upset if they see me and I walk out of the room. It's not ALL the time, but way more often than before. I think it has to do with the whole object permanence concept that they are picking up on. It's like now they know that I'm not GONE and will come back...so they are trying hard to get me to come back. I noticed the other day that when they drop a toy off of their saucer, they lean to try and look over the side to see where it went.
Well I guess that is about it for now. I'm going to try and do better with updating this thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear that the Dr. thinks they're doing just fine. Looking forward to hearing that they are able to sit up consistently. Amy
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like they're doing wonderfully! This is definitely such a fun age....they're still immobile but they can now interact with you!
ReplyDeleteYou'll be so happy you have these memories written down when you get a few years down the road!